18 June 2012

Modest Monday linkup with The Modest Mom


Today I'm linking up for the first time with The Modest Mom for her weekly linkup called Modest Mondays. This is what I wore to church Saturday evening. This is my most favoritest skirt, now. I've been wearing it and another one similar to it so much that my husband is surprised to see me in something else, some days. Well, ya hafta do laundry SOME time. :) I got both the skirt and the blouse at the Thrift Store down the road. As you can tell, I still have about 20 lbs left to lose, but I'm getting there.

Since my darling husband was going fishing with his buddy, John, for a Father's Day retreat, we went to the Saturday evening service. I have to admit, it was odd having the whole day yesterday to do with as I please. Our community group was off for Father's Day, and we'd already been to church. So, I spent the time sewing. I was a happy Lovey, let me tell you.

I've followed The Modest Mom Blog regularly for some months. Caroline has such a sweet spirit about her, and has brought some things to the front of my mind to reexamine to which I honestly hadn't given a second thought since high school. She has a store, as well, and I just ordered something from her last week. I can't wait to see how it fits. :)



Photobucket


One of the things I've thought a lot about is from this video she's used, and I've seen it on several other linked blogs as well. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the first 8:46 minutes of this. (After that it gets a little repetitive, pieces of varying volume are spliced together, so I usually just listen to the beginning. I'd say listen to the whole thing at least once, though. It's worth it.)



One of the things that he says is that immodesty is an expression of arrogance. That makes complete sense to me, but I've never thought of it in those terms. I wrote that on a sticky note and stuck it to the shelf in my closet where I could see it every time I get dressed. It's really made me think. Who is going to see me today? If the UPS guy shows up at the door, will I be appropriately dressed to answer it? Where am I going to be, and what can I do to make myself safe for the men around me? What of my body can I share with my husband today, and only with him?

So, my thoughts have been different when I prepare for the day than they ever have in my life. I'm learning, even though this is a lesson I thought I had pretty well nailed down in my life previously.

What are you wearing today? Is it modest? Take a picture and link up with Caroline from The Modest Mom blog. :)

Much love,
LL~

No comments: