01 August 2012

Chick-Fil-A day in Greenville...

Look at the line!
I met a new friend at Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. She goes to my church. We decided to go early to beat the lunch rush. No dice. I was there before 11:30, and the drive-thru was already backed up twice around the building, no parking spots available. I went inside, and there was standing room only. By noon, the inside line wound outside and around the front of the building. See?

It goes out the door, and around the outside of the building...
By the time we left, the drive-thru line went around twice, with a third row to exit. There were staff members standing out in the parking lot directing traffic, because there wasn't enough room for people to leave after going through the drive-thru lane. The traffic backed up out of both entrances, blocking traffic on the street.

These rows of cars are 3 deep (which you can't see in this picture)... 1 row of drive thru, one row waiting to get into the drive thru, and one row exiting.
The way that I went as I left, the entire right lane of the road (Pelham is 2 lanes each way with a center turn lane at that point) was backed up almost 3 blocks, at a standstill.

Southerners take this kind of thing SERIOUSLY!

I would love to know how much more Chick-Fil-A makes today than they do on an average Wednesday, after the count is done.. It was really crazy! I've never in my life seen so many people at a fast-food restaurant. CRAZY!

Much love, dipped in Chick-Fil-A sauce (which is highly addictive, if you haven't tried it),
LL~

No comments: