17 March 2014

Writing Psychosis

No, I am not intending to make light of any mental health issue. It's just that I think sometimes we all feel a bit crazy for one reason or another, and right now mine seems to be tied to my writing. 

I told my mother and my best girl friend in the last few days that I'm feeling a bit schizophrenic. My brain is so occupied with the writing exercises, backstory writing and development, rewriting of the first book, story line development for the second and later books in the series, etc, that I feel like I'm having a hard time keeping on task with anything. Especially things that are unrelated to writing. How can I possibly expect to work through a spreadsheet analysis in a coherent and rational manner while the creative part of my brain is going full-tilt to develop names, ideas, and prose??

I'm guessing that this is some glimmer of what it's going to continue to be like, as long as I create. I feel this way when I'm working on sewing or crafting, too, especially where those activities intersect with the practical, everyday mundanities. This reminds me of the quote from Terence Blacker I came across on Pinterest, last night. 
 
Source
As much as I'd love to be a full-time housewife, if I have to do something else, it would be oh-so-nice for that something else to be writing, rather than corporate spreadsheet work. :) 

Forgive my mad ramblings.

LL~

No comments: