31 July 2013

A Promise Kept: Robertson McQuilkin

I listened to the interviews with Robertson McQuilkin on familylife.com, the website of Family Life Today. If you don't know his story, he was a college president who walked away from his career to care for his wife when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 55.

There were several points in the interviews (4 sessions-- see link above) where the interviewers were asking difficult questions about how hard things had been, and he just kept responding that he hadn't viewed the circumstances like that. I was thinking, "Why are you trying to make his story something that it isn't?" but the truth is that I'd be asking those questions, too.

What a beautiful story. Beautiful man who loves God and loves his wife. Does the heart good. If you have the time to listen, I recommend it. He also wrote his story in the book "A Promise Kept"-- which is on my "to read" list.

Much love,
LL~

No comments: